Find a Post Office Learn More at State Department Apply for your passport several months before your trip. State Department website explains what you'll need to bring with you.

First-time applicants, minors, and applicants who may not renew by mail may submit their passport application at the Post Office. NOTE: If you need a passport immediately, call 1-877-487-2778 or 1-888-874-7793 (TDD/TTY) to make an appointment at a State Department passport agency or center.

You can your check your application’s status on the Department of State website.

Photocopy, for each parent, one of the following as that parent's primary ID: a U. If the other parent cannot appear, he or she must fill out a notarized Form DS-3033, Statement of Consent for you to bring with you. Aurelio Locsin has been writing professionally since 1982.

He published his first book in 1996 and is a frequent contributor to many online publications, specializing in consumer, business and technical topics.

The primary difference between renewing a child's passport and an adult's is that the child must appear in front of a passport agent, with his parents and with evidence of parental custody. passport application, either by printing a blank version or by entering information online for later printing.

State Department, a minor child is someone less than 16 years of age (minors ages 16 or 17 follow slightly different rules).

Please note: If you are not in the United States, please see Applying for a U. Please see Processing Times for more details on service options. Routine Service (If you live in CA, FL, IL, MN, NY, or TX): National Passport Processing Center Post Office Box 640155 Irving, TX 75064-0155 Routine Service (If you live in any other state or Canada): National Passport Processing Center Post Office Box 90155 Philadelphia, PA 19190-0155 Expedited Service (additional fee applies): Write "EXPEDITE" on the outside of the mailing envelope. Your passport does not have to be expired for you to renew it.

Only the United States Postal Service (USPS) can deliver to a Post Office Box. National Passport Processing Center Post Office Box 90955 Philadelphia, PA 19190-0955 No, if you are applying on Form DS-82, acceptance facilities will not take your application. We recommend renewing your passport well ahead of any planned international travel, even if it still has a few months validity left on it.If none of these papers is available, you must show a court order proving you have custody of your child. passport, a naturalization certificate, a current government employee ID or a current military ID. Some acceptance facilities have photo services, but you can also have the photos taken at a retail passport photo shop ahead of time.Foreign-language documents require a formal or informal translation into English. Put these copies into the envelope, but be prepared to show the originals to the agent. Together with the other parent, bring your child, and the envelope with all the materials, to a passport acceptance facility or passport agency. Post Offices that accept passport applications offer products and services for both first-time and renewal passport applications. Use the PO Locator Tool to find a Post Office that has passport acceptance services. accept first-time passport applications for the United States Department of State.It is imperative that you review the document requirements and that you bring all the required documents (originals and photocopies based on the method of processing).